|Availability:||In stock (1)|
Gibson Parlor Mahogany M Avant Garde
Light Cherry Burst
Pre-Owned 2018 - Excellent Condition
They say big things come in small packages, and the Parlor Mahogany AG 2019 proves it. Mahogany back and sides help to produce incredible volume despite the very small J-165 body, and the sitka spruce top projects with power and precision. Gibson caps off this little wonder with an Advanced Response neck with 16” fingerboard radius and an LR Baggs Element pickup for a supremely pleasurable and playable parlor.
About Gibson Montana:
Luthier Orville Gibson founded the Gibson Mandolin-Guitar Mfg. Co. Ltd. in Kalamazoo, MI in 1902. Its original aim was to make mandolins and mandolin-family instruments. Over the last 100-plus years, Gibson Brands, Inc., as it is now known, has since evolved into the world’s premier manufacturer of semi-hollow and hollow body electric guitars, as well as a celebrated portfolio of innovative solid-body and acoustic models.
“Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness. And they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy... or they become legend.” So wrote Montana author Jim Harrison, perhaps about the master luthiers of Gibson Montana, which produces all of Gibson’s acoustic guitars.
- Body Shape: J-165
- Top: Sitka spruce
- Back and Side Wood: Mahogany
- Bracing: Traditional hand-scalloped X-bracing
- Binding: Multi-ply top, single-ply back
- Finish: Nitrocellulose
- Neck Material Material: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Advanced Response
- Scale Length: 24.75''
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 16''
- Number of Frets: 19
- Frets: Standard
- Nut Material: Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.725''
- Inlays: Mother-of-pearl dots
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: Traditional belly up
- Saddle Material: Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Mini Grover Rotomatic
- Pickguard: Parlor Avant Garde
- Truss Rod Cover: B/W
- Bridge Pins: Tusq
- Pickup: "LR Baggs™ Element"
- Controls: Volume control in Soundhole
- Comes with Original Gibson Hardshell Case
- FREE 70 Point Inspection & Setup
- Serial Number: 13048050
- 3.7 lbs