PRS McCarty 594 Hollowbody II - Purple Iris w/ Black Wrap Burst
|Availability:||In stock (1)|
PRS McCarty 594 Hollowbody II
Custom Color - Purple Iris w/ Black Wrap Burst - 10 Top
The McCarty 594 Hollowbody II brings a new set of features to one of our most beloved models: the Hollowbody II. With fully-hollow construction, the Hollowbody II is a resonant guitar with warm, woody tone. The details carried over from the McCarty 594 model impart vintage character to this already classic instrument. 58/15 LT pickups, which have been through the TCI (tuned capacitance and inductance) process, ensure that these guitars are clear and musical while dual volume and push/pull tone controls offer plenty of versatility. The zinc two-piece bridge and vintage-style tuners anchor this guitar and stay true to the promise of the McCarty family.
Whether you are looking for rich, authentic humbucking tones or nuanced, sweet single-coil sounds, the McCarty 594 Hollowbody II can oblige. Additional appointments include, a bound, 22-fret, 24.594” scale length Pattern Vintage neck with rosewood fretboard and PRS trademark bird inlays.
“One of my sayings is that everything that touches the string is God – well, that’s really the bridge, the nut, and the tuners. The updates to the McCarty family make a huge difference in their tone. The guitar sustains longer and the tone has more character,” said Paul Reed Smith
In the late 1980’s, Paul Reed Smith called on Ted McCarty to consult with him on guitar design and production techniques. He not only served as a mentor but became a great friend of Paul and everyone he met at PRS. In 1994, PRS released the first McCarty, an instrument that incorporated the full spectrum of techniques and knowledge Paul had gained from Ted as well as his own experiences as a guitar builder.
- Body Construction Hollowbody
- Top Wood Flame Maple - 10 Top
- Middle Wood Mahogany
- Back Wood Maple
- Top Carve Violin
- Number of Frets 22
- Scale Length 24.594”
- Neck Wood Mahogany
- Neck Construction One-Piece
- Truss Rod PRS Double-Acting
- Neck Shape Pattern Vintage
- Fretboard Wood Rosewood fretboard and veneer with bird inlays
- Fretboard Radius 10"
- Fretboard Inlay Birds
- Headstock Logo Signature, Inlaid
- Neck/Body Assembly Type Set
- Bridge PRS Two-Piece
- Tuners Vintage-Style Non-Locking
- Hardware Type Hybrid
- Nut Bone
- Truss Rod Cover "McCarty 594"
- Treble Pickup 58/15 LT TCI
- Bass Pickup 58/15 LT TCI
- Controls Two Volume and Two Push/Pull Tone Controls with 3-Way Toggle Switch on Upper Bout
- Comes with PRS Hardshell Case
- FREE 70 Point Inspection & Annual Setup
- Serial Number: 0338446
- Strings PRS Signature 10-46
- 5.8 lbs