PRS 2-Channel Custom 20
Pre-Owned 2018 - Mint Condition
This amplifier was modded by Paul Reed Smith himself. The original owner of this amp met and spoke with Paul at one of our public events. It was ultimately sent down to Maryland and received special treatment from the man himself. A "Duane Allman" Mod was done to this particular amp.
The PRS 2 Channel Custom amplifier platform has received great accolades since its introduction in 2011. From time to time, however, we have been asked for something just a little smaller. Keeping all the versatility of the 2 Channel Custom 50, this 20 watt version is easier to transport and use in smaller clubs, rehearsal spaces, and the living room. But, it is not only the lighter weight and the smaller box that defines this amp. For some, wattage equals tone and sometimes that tone is all about lower wattage tube amps. With lower wattage, you can crank up the amp and it saturates and breaks up earlier, delivering a tone that cannot be found in larger-platform amps. This is where the PRS 2 CH Custom 20 shines. Using two 5881 power tubes coupled with a Heyboer output transformer to crank out a muscular 20 watts this amp strides from spanking clean tones to slightly over driven rhythm tones on the clean channel then sprints from crunchy to blistering overdrives on the lead channel without breaking a sweat. Outfitted with the same channel boost, reverb and effects loop found on all of the 2 Channel Custom amps and packed into a comfortable sized cabinet equipped with a trusted Celestion G12H-30, the PRS 2 CH Custom 20 is the perfect sidekick for the player looking for a solid, well rounded, not-kidding- around amplifier that is easy to transport and delivers the sonic goods.
- Wattage (Nominal) 20 Watts
FRONT PANEL CONTROLS
- Lead Channel Volume, Treble, Middle (push/pull mid voicing), Bass, Master, Bright Switch
- Clean Channel Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, Master, Bright Switch Global Reverb (push/pull lead defeat), Presence (push/pull depth voicing)
BACK PANEL FEATURES
- Inlet Fused Power Inlet (IEC)
- Effects Loop Loop Return, Return Level, Send Level, Loop Send Solo Boost Lead and Clean Level Controls Bias Fixed Bias, Adjustable (bias jacks accessible from back panel)
- Extension Speaker Jacks 2, Parallel Ohm Switching 4, 8, 16 Ohms Channels Lead/Clean
- Cabinet Material / Construction Pine, Fingerjoint Covering Stealth Grill Cloth Stealth Piping Gold
- Speaker(s) Celestion G12H-30 Total Impedence 16 ohms
- Power Tubes (2) 5881 Preamp Tubes
PREAMP TUBE POSITIONS & FUNCTIONS
- V1 12AX7, Common Input Stage
- V2 12AX7, Lead Channel
- V3 12AX7, Clean Channel
- V4 12AT7, Reverb
- V5 12AT7, Phase Inverter V6 12DW7, Effects Loop
- Amp Width 22.5"
- Amp Depth 9.5"
- Amp Height 21"
- Amp Weight 49 lbs.
- Total Impedence 16 ohms
- Included Accessories 3-Button Footswitch (Channel Lead/Clean, Reverb On/Off, Solo Boost On/Off)