PRS GUITARS PRIVATE STOCK “PAUL’S 85” LIMITED EDITION
PS # 9176
High-Gloss Nitro Electric Tiger Glow
As PRS Guitars’ approaches the end of their 35th Anniversary, Paul Reed Smith and the Private Stock team have one last instrument created to celebrate the occasion.
Paul’s 85 are a special run of Private Stock guitars, personally spec’d by Paul Reed Smith and meticulously crafted by the Private Stock team.
The instruments started with a special selection of wide-curl maple tops that Paul set aside. He also selected all of
the other woods, assisted on the neck shapes of every guitar, spec’d the pickups, and played and adjusted each guitar until it was
“right.” The Private Stock team, who together has more than 200 year’s of guitar making experience, executed each detail while
Paul looked after each instrument on a daily basis.
“We believe guitar making is an ongoing process of discovery, and this Paul’s 85 guitar utilizes all of the parts, processes, and
workmanship I have spent my career (to date) seeking, testing, refining, and teaching our craftsman. My hope is that these
benchmark instruments are something remarkable for our company and the industry. There is no better way to close out our
35th Anniversary than with these extraordinary, hopefully magic, guitars,” said Paul Reed Smith.
The chosen specifications also include dark Peruvian mahogany necks, Honduran rosewood fretboards and headstock
veneers, solid red abalone birds with mother of pearl outlines, bone nuts, vintage-style tuning pegs, and aluminum stoptail
bridges with brass inserts and brass studs.
Additionally, every piece of guitar-making knowledge at PRS is in these guitars: the wood drying methods, the feel of the neck,
the color and stain technique (Electric Tiger Glow – an exquisite stain and spray technique that accentuates the beautiful wide
curl maple), the finish (a very special paper-thin, vintage-formula nitrocellulose that will crack over time), and the pickups (PRS
TCI pickups that were spec’d to be full, clear, and musical).
These guitars are available exclusively through Authorized PRS Private Stock dealers, and there are only 85 of them worldwide.John Mann's Guitar Vault
is excited to announce that we have one of these stunning guitars available!
- Top Wood Figured Maple
- Back Wood African Mahogany
- Number of Frets 22
- Scale Length 25”
- Neck Wood Dark Peruvian Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood Honduran Rosewood w/ Figured Maple Binding
- Neck Shape Pattern
- Fretboard Inlay Solid Abalone Birds w/ Mother of Pearl Outlines
- Headstock Veneer Honduran Rosewood w/ Figured Maple Binding
- Headstock Inlay Solid Abalone Private Stock Eagle w/ Mother of Pearl Outline
- Bridge PRS Stoptail with Brass Inserts and Brass Studs
- Tuners Vintage-Style Tuners
- Truss Rod Cover “1985” in solid Abalone with MOP outlines
- Hardware Type Nickel
- Treble Pickup TCI Treble
- Bass Pickup TCI Bass
- Controls Volume and Tone Control with 3-way Toggle Switch
- and Two Mini-Toggle Coil-Tap Switches
- Strings .010 - 46
- PRS Private Stock Paisley Hardshell Case Included
- FREE 70 Point Inspection & Annual Setup
- Serial Number: 0312308
- 7.9 lbs