PRS Santana - Pre-Production 1979
Own a piece of PRS history!
Paul Reed Smith handbuilt this guitar for John Mann in 1979.
This is a one of a kind guitar. First 1 pc Maple top .... First Cherry Sunburst.
The now famous PRS bird inlay - only one adorns the 12th fret.
P-90's hand wound by Paul, with Brazilian Rosewood covers.
All original... no modifications, no issues.
- Top Wood - 1 piece Carved Figured Maple
- Back Wood - Mahogany
- Number of Frets - 24
- Scale Length - 24 1/2"
- Neck Wood - Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood - Brazilian Rosewood
- Neck Shape - Santana, pre-factory
- Inlays - 1 Bird (12th Fret)
- Headstock Inlay - Eagle
- Truss Rod Cover - Black
- Bridge - Tremolo - Original PRS-Mann
- Tuners - Original PRS - Schaller locking tuners
- Hardware - Nickel
- Treble Pickup - Gibson P-90 (rewound by Paul Reed Smith) / Brazilian Rosewood covers
- Bass Pickup - Gibson P-90 (rewound by Paul Reed Smith) / Brazilian Rosewood covers
- Volume control
- 2 mini pickup selector switches (Neck / Both / Bridge / Off)
SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY !!!
- Original Hardshell case (Gibson Les Paul )
- Hand built for John Mann by Paul Reed Smith
- Letter of provenance included
- First ever 1 pc top built by Paul Reed Smith
- First ever Sunburst built by Paul Reed Smith