|Availability:||Out of stock|
PRS Private Stock DGT
Coming soon exclusively to John Mann's Guitar Vault.
Materials and Specs hand selected by John on a recent PRS factory trip.
The DGT (David Grissom Trem) is the result of more than 20 years of collaboration between Paul Reed Smith and David Grissom. The DGT is based on the McCarty platform with a unique DGT neck shape, taller frets, special pickups, and a revised control layout. Grissom and Paul spent a year A/B-ing more than forty sets of pickups before nailing the vintage-voice of DGT humbuckers. When paired with individual volume controls for each pickup and a push/pull master tone control that operates the coil taps, DGT pickups provide versatility and articulation.
- Body: Construction Solidbody
- Top Wood: Flame Maple
- Back Wood: African Mahogany
- Top Carve: Violin
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 25"
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Construction: One-Piece
- Truss Rod: PRS Double-Acting
- Truss Rod Cover: Inlaid Abalone w/ Paua Center
- Neck Shape: DGT
- Fretboard Wood: Brazilian Rosewood
- Fretboard Radius: 10"
- Fretboard Inlay: Abalone J birds w/ Paua Heart Centers
- Side Dots: White Delrin
- Headstock Veneer: Curly Maple
- Headstock Logo: Abalone J Bird
- Neck/Body Assembly Type: Set
- Bridge: PRS Patented Tremolo, Gen III
- Tuners: Tweaked Phase III Locking with Ebony Buttons
- Hardware Type: Smoked Black Hybrid
- Nut: Bone
- Truss Rod Cover: "DGT"
- Knobs: Clear Lampshade
- Treble Pickup: DGT
- Bass Pickup: DGT
- Controls: Two Volume Controls w/ Push/Pull Tone Control and 3-Way Toggle Pickup Switch
- Backplate Material: Mahogany Matched
- Comes with PRS Private Stock Black Paisley/Black Hardshell Case
- FREE 70 Point Inspection & Annual Setup
- Serial Number: TBD
- Strings PRS Signature 11-49 (with a plain “G”)
- Weight TBD